QR codes have been criticized as dull and clunky. QR code generators churn out black and white QR codes that sometimes stand out like a sore thumb, especially in very colorful marketing materials, or graphics laden ones.
The beauty of a QR code is that it is not only flexible when it comes to the information you place behind it — videos, URLs, text, phone number, vCards, etc. — but the whole code itself maybe differentiated.
Here are some suggestions on how to make your QR codes more beautiful.
1. Add color. Make your QR codes come alive with color. Just as long as you have a great contrast, you can make the black part of the code red, blue or green (any dark color) and the background into yellow, pink and just about any light color. Do not reverse your black and whites, or you would get into trouble with a lot of QR code readers!
4. Obstruct some parts of the code with graphics. The good thing with QR codes is that you can add the graphics INSIDE the code as well. You can add your logo, your mascot or just about anything into it.
Just make sure that you don’t exceed the 30% error correction that’s built into QR codes. That means that you can obscure up to a third of the code and it will still be scannable.
As always, you should TEST, TEST, and TEST your QR codes. Especially when you add elements to it like a graphic or a logo, or another color. Scan your final code using different readers on different mobile phones.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- BlackBerry Messenger Now on Android and iOS
- Speetra Launches Voice-Enabled App PulseM, Uses QR Codes
- Idea: Making Trick or Treat More Fun with QR Codes
- Lost and Found: QR Codes Help You Find Lost Stuff
- Google Buys QR Code-Based Punchd
- The Qualities of a Great QR Code Generator
- Why QR Code Technology Is Gaining Speed In Popularity
- Sony Ericsson Phones Goes Out With QR Code Readers
- A Hotel All Wrapped Up In QR Code
- Almost Everyone In Japan Uses A QR-Code Enabled Phone
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.