For today, we are going to show you how to add a graphic to an otherwise generic looking and black and white QR code.
This is a great way to add your company logo, a personal photo, or even cute little graphics to make your QR codes a little more interesting.
So let us assume that you are a fan of the TV show Glee, and you want to create a QR code for the official Glee site on Fox TV’s website at http://www.fox.com/glee/.
To make it more interesting, you want to put in a logo. Why not use our graphical QR code generator for that?
1. Prepare your logo. It has to be in a square format, with the same number of pixels for each side. For our example, we are going to use this Glee logo which is 100 pixels all around.
If you think that that is too big, do not worry as our graphical QR code generator will resize it to 50 pixels all around!
2. Go to the BeQRious QR code generator and click on the “Graphical” tab.
3. Click on “Choose File” and select the graphic you want to use. For this instance it’s the Glee logo.
4. Enter the URL you want the QR code to resolve to.
5. Save as PNG. Although the generator allows you to choose between a PDF or a PNG format, choose Save as png.
6. Click on the “Create Code” button.
Your browser should automatically download your QR code. Open the downloaded file and check!
And you get this graphical QR code:
Check out this video detailing the same steps:
If this is not enough, visit Custom QR Codes and see QR codes that are more fun, with more colors and more customization!
More articles in this topic
Mobile apps make your smartphone work harder. If you cannot find a feature or functionality on your smartphone, you can search for an app that does what you want and that’s about it. No matter how good your operating system is, you will never be on top of the smartphone game without a good set […]Read more
Mobile wallets are really gaining traction with more and more users over the past few years. And why not as more and more providers are giving more options for people who want to use mobile wallets. Then there is also the support of big companies, from Google and Apple, to telecommunication firms, and right to […]Read more
No matter what cynics say, QR codes are very much alive and well. This is the reason why you should ignore QR codes, you are bound to lose out. How are you losing out? 1. Your customers are ready for them. Unlike near-field communication, image recognition, tags and other 2D barcodes, as well as other […]Read more
- Touring Tampa Bay Buildings With QR Codes
- BeQRious Allows You to Create a Customized QR Code for Free
- LinkedIn – The Forgotten Network?
- Granville Businesses Adopt QR Codes
- Two Recent Developments That May Affect Your Design
- Touring New York With QR Codes
- New Yorkers Will Get Instant Info About New Construction Sites On-The-Go
- Suggestions From A Non-Geek
- Vampires Bite Into QR Codes
- Paperless Boarding Pass Nothing New To Lufthansa
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.