For today, we are going to show you how to add a graphic to an otherwise generic looking and black and white QR code.
This is a great way to add your company logo, a personal photo, or even cute little graphics to make your QR codes a little more interesting.
So let us assume that you are a fan of the TV show Glee, and you want to create a QR code for the official Glee site on Fox TV’s website at http://www.fox.com/glee/.
To make it more interesting, you want to put in a logo. Why not use our graphical QR code generator for that?
1. Prepare your logo. It has to be in a square format, with the same number of pixels for each side. For our example, we are going to use this Glee logo which is 100 pixels all around.
If you think that that is too big, do not worry as our graphical QR code generator will resize it to 50 pixels all around!
2. Go to the BeQRious QR code generator and click on the “Graphical” tab.
3. Click on “Choose File” and select the graphic you want to use. For this instance it’s the Glee logo.
4. Enter the URL you want the QR code to resolve to.
5. Save as PNG. Although the generator allows you to choose between a PDF or a PNG format, choose Save as png.
6. Click on the “Create Code” button.
Your browser should automatically download your QR code. Open the downloaded file and check!
And you get this graphical QR code:
Check out this video detailing the same steps:
If this is not enough, visit Custom QR Codes and see QR codes that are more fun, with more colors and more customization!
More articles in this topic
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
QR codes in restaurants are certainly nothing new. We have seen QR codes on business licenses and sanitation permits for the restaurant to be able to operate. You see them on menus either telling customers how their food was prepared, offering specials of the day and even a video of the chef cooking the dish […]Read more
- QR Code A Must For Mobile Commerce
- Nikon To Release Android Powered Camera
- So, What’s Up With Your Android Web Browser
- Study Shows that QR Codes Can Last for a Long Time
- QR Codes and Florida Law Enforcement
- App Ideas: Two Great Apps That You Could Copy
- Are You Hitting Your Target Market with QR Codes?
- Snapping Up Your Movie Tickets
- How Everyday Folks Can Make Use of QR Codes Now
- Digital Signage Goes Hand In Hand With QR Codes Marketing
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.