For those of you who do not know it yet, HTML5 is here and it is ready to use. This standard gives developers and website designers more flexibility while also enabling websites to be more interactive, powerful and efficient.
The best thing about HTML5 is that it is simpler than previous HTML standards, thus giving rise to a cleaner code.
But that’s not all there is to it.
1. Do away with add-ons to play your multimedia. HTML5 allows you to play videos, animations, drawings, and music on the page itself. You do not have to use any add-ons such as Flash and Silverlight, the way that most video sites are doing now.
2. Geolocation. HTML5 supports geolocation, making location directly available on any compatible browser or application.
3. Offline database. HTML5 also brings with it an SQL-based database that allows those in the client side to store data on their computers.
4. Work your applications offline. With the offline application cache, users can still use and access their applications even when they are not connected to their networks.
5. Great forms. HTML5 allows for better form fields such as better text inputs and better search boxes. It also handles data validation quite well. On top of that, you can create really nice looking forms.
6. Works best for mobile phones. What’s more, HTML5 is going to make it easier for designers to bring their Web pages to iPhones and mobile phones. With most mobile phones having no access to Flash, HTML5 can still deliver videos and other multimedia content to these devices.
Is it any wonder why designers are going crazy over HTML5, even though it means a little bit of a learning curve for them?
Where you might have seen HTML5
Want to try out HTML5 in action? Check out these sites:
Google’s Developer Day 2011
An Event Apart
More articles in this topic
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
QR codes in restaurants are certainly nothing new. We have seen QR codes on business licenses and sanitation permits for the restaurant to be able to operate. You see them on menus either telling customers how their food was prepared, offering specials of the day and even a video of the chef cooking the dish […]Read more
- More, More, More, More Information
- QR Code Maze Makes Waves
- Millennium Partners Promotes Boston Condo With QR Codes
- QRates Of Oranges – VW Crafter Van Commercial
- App Ideas: Oink
- Yet Another QR Code Meets Art Story
- Asia Pacific Smartphone Users Seen to Download 5 Billion Apps in 2011
- Measuring Your Mobile Apps Efforts: Two Tough Questions to Ask
- QR Code Fire Spreads To US
- Kia Goes Mobile During L.A. Show
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.