QR codes have a lot of uses, from education to marketing, from sales to personal networking. Over the years, we have brought to you creative ways for various businesses and individuals to use QR codes.
But here’s one thing that we are sure you have not heard before: QR codes help you sell your products and services even when you are not there.
This is what we call self service QR codes, and here are some ways to do this:
1. Put up QR codes for your store shelves. These QR codes would link to product information, specifications and even product reviews and testimonials. This is perfect for technical products such as electronics, computers and mobile phones.
2. QR codes that make your products useful and indispensable. Macy’s has done a great job with its Backstage Pass Campaign. They put up QR codes attached to certain brands in their store and customers who scan the codes can get tips on how to use these products to look more beautiful, such as make-up tutorials and how to wear the latest fashion trends. Some food retailers have also put up QR codes that provide recipes and cooking videos using their food products as ingredients.
3. QR codes that do your work. Real estate agents have used QR codes attached to their “For Sale” or “For Rent” signs. These QR codes take interested homebuyers to a virtual tour video of the property, a microsite for the property that includes basic information such as when the house was built, property prices in the area and comparable house prices. Or it could simply provide the realtor’s contact details.
4. QR codes that teach. There are also stores that give out QR codes as a form of after-sales service. For example, a crafts store could provide QR codes that show its customers how to create stained glass effects for their windows. Or DIY furniture stores could provide QR codes that show buyers how to assemble furniture or install fixtures they just purchased.
More articles in this topic
Talk about marketing and you will get differing opinions on what works and what is effective. We have seen a lot of success stories as far as marketing is concerned, and this one is no exception. Martell Noblige Cognac brought together different types of marketing to come up with its latest campaign. The theme for […]Read more
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
- History Markers Come Alive with QR Codes
- QR Codes Promote Reading in Catalonia, Spain
- Why You Should Go for a Minimalist Mobile Site Design
- Stamford Symphony Adds QR Codes to Program
- Autolyst to Launch QR Code Powered Automotive Social Network
- Top Three Things That Make People Exit Your Site
- More Tips on How to Do Your QR Code Direct Mail Marketing
- Changing The Way Business Works With QR Code
- Ooh, The Mystery!
- Free Online QR Code Creator
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.