QR codes are very flexible that you can put just about any information behind it. One of the things that we have been excited about QR codes is that it provides for easy sharing of information, leaving out any chances for inaccuracies and mistakes. It would seem that it is perfect for use as a QR code vCard!
What is a QR code vCard?
A vCard is simply a file that contains your name, company name and contact information such as phone numbers, address, and e-mail address. Some vCard files may also contain photographs and audio clips. It is usually transmitted via e-mail or downloaded from your Web site.
A QR code vCard uses QR codes to share the information to your business contacts, friends and colleagues.
A vCard makes it easier for your contacts to store your information so that it could be easily accessed when they need to contact you.
How do you create a QR code vCard?
Traditionally, vCards are created by inputting several lines of code, tags and property types along with your information.
A typical vCard looks like this:
You could just imagine if you have a lot of information that you want to include in that vCard, the lines would be longer!
BeQRious.com has made it simpler and easy to create a QR code vCard. Here are the steps.
1. Go to our QR code generator.
2. Once the page loads, you will be presented with the QR code generator. Click on the Basic tab and then click on vCard on the list.
3. Enter the necessary information and then click on the Create Code button.
You now have a QR code vCard that you could download either as a GIF file or a PDF file. It’s that easy!
You could use this on your business card, or even on your letterhead and marketing materials!
More articles in this topic
How old do you have to be in order to use and create QR codes? Well apparently, there is no age limit. Kids who know how to operate a smartphone and a computer can certainly create a QR code. This is what the first graders at the LaRue Miller Elementary School showed us when they [...]Read more
Purite has recently put up QR codes on the packaging of their pre-treatment and deionizer replacement cartridges. These QR codes resolve to a video that shows customers how to replace the cartridges properly. Purite is a company that provides water purification systems to their customers. They use the latest technologies in making their products, so [...]Read more
By now, most people in developing and developed countries are using a smartphone. Considering the fact that the cost of smartphone these days have dropped to an all-time affordable level, there is really very few reasons NOT to own a smartphone. Anyway, how has this affected the world when it comes to QR Code usage? [...]Read more
- Why Is LinkedIn Walking Away from HTML5?
- Turkish Tattoo Company Uses QR Codes to Hire New Artists
- QR Codes, Gangnam Style
- YiHaoDan To Open A Thousand Virtual Stores All Around China
- QR Code Fail... What You Can Learn from the Mistake of Others
- Get It On With The Younger Generation With QR Codes
- The Four Questions You Should Ask When Planning for Your Mobile App
- University of Virginia Launches Android Version of Its Popular App
- Are You Hitting Your Target Market with QR Codes?
- Video Access From Red Wings Today Program
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.