If you are planning a new website or hiring a professional Web designer to do it for you, you should keep in mind that your website would be worth nothing to you if people can’t find it.
Needless to say, you should have search engine optimization in mind, even at the design stages of your site. Here are five things that you should remember if you are designing a new website that is easy to optimize for search engines:
1. Make sure that you have an effective internal links. It is always good to have categories and tags for your posts or pages. This way, everything that is related to one another would be linked. For instance, QR code articles should be linked to other QR code articles.
2. Use Flash sparingly. While Flash can give you a really beautiful and eye-catching website while also impressing your site’s visitors, it really does not rank well with searches.
3. Use text as much as possible. A lot of sites use graphics for their links or navigation buttons because it gives them more control over the appearance. But it is better to use text so that you make it easier for spiders to index your pages. If you use an image, however, make sure that you also use alt tags to identify them.
4. Put your keywords in your URL. You should include your keywords in your URL, this will help your users to know just what kind of content you are going to serve up and will also help search engine spiders to properly index your pages.
5. Avoid splash pages. You have encountered splash pages before when a page greets you with a fancy welcome page that really does nothing but try to impress you. Without any real purpose, do away with splash pages because these page might get indexed, instead of your real home page where all the important information is!
More articles in this topic
When I read a piece of news ‘revealing’ the fact that there are more 12 to 17 year old kids watching videos online than ever before, on their mobile phones, with their headsets on, the inward clucking I mentally did probably resonated through the walls. Yes, being a parent of teenagers makes me far too [...]Read more
The sad truth is that most of us are working at top speed, almost the whole day through, without breaks and worse still, we are multi-tasking with different devices and on the move. Is there any wonder why we are seeing a drop in the quality of work done? Yes, things might speed up and [...]Read more
Some might question the reason why we would want to customize their QR Codes because they do not see the reason why we should waste time, money and resources. This, to newbies, is a very common thing. It is a QR Code, it is supposed to be this way, or they might even think that [...]Read more
- Android Apps That Help You Save Money While Shopping
- QR Codes Promote Reading in Catalonia, Spain
- PayPal Test Runs QR Code App in Singapore
- Gimme! Uses QR Cards to Make Loyalty Programs, Deals, Coupons and Discounts Easier for Consumers
- QR Code Scanning: The Latest Numbers
- Greet Them a Merry Christmas, the QR Code Way!
- QR Code On Olin Business School's Magazine
- Loving Mother Earth With QR Codes
- This is, by far, the furthest anyone's taken QR Code....a QR Coat.
- Banner vs. QR Codes
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.