BeQRious has made an informal survey of 138 marketers over the past two months.
What follows below are what we have found and what we think about it. Please do tell us what you think and if you are interested in participating in another informat survey some 6 months from now.
More than 5 out of 10 people have seen or know about a QR code. Close to 3 out of 10 have scanned one.
We are optimistic that this will increase as more brands and companies take up QR codes for their marketing. Not only that, more and more people are spreading the news about QR codes and what to do with them. Indeed, we are seeing a lot of mainsteam news outlets talk about QR codes and how to scan them. That combined with word of mouth advertising, would help educate as many people as to what QR codes are and how to scan them.
Also smartphones are getting to be very popular in the country, with more and more people buying a smartphone to replace their old phones. And because QR code readers are now available pre-loaded into smartphones, the scanning behavior would surely increase.
In fact, we’ve found out that there were 13 times as many people scanning QR codes in Decebmer 2010, compared to those in January 2010.
Out of all these, 63% scanned a QR codes using an iPhone, while a quarter used an Android-powered phone. The remaining 12% used a device powered by other operating systems.
We expect this to change in the next two years. For one, our data comes largely from the United States, where the iPhone holds an unprecedented large market share. Another reason is that, we have seen more and more phones and devices use the Android OS, which is backed by Google and free to use. Because of these, BeQRious thinks that while iPhones will still do the majority of QR code scanning, more and more Androids will soon do the same.
BeQRious has seen a lot of brands, retailers, companies, products and other institutions make use of QR codes for their marketing campaigns. So what are you waiting for?
BeQRious also provides tons of information as to what QR codes are, and how to make it work for you. Just follow the links here.
Some things you should know about QR codes:
- Lacoste Does It Right
- Bridging The Divide Between Offline and Online
- Vanity QR Codes: Are They Worth It?
- QR Codes in School Settings
Some recent QR code campaigns:
- Norwegian Bus Company Helps Passengers Find Bus Schedule And Kill Time
- Davidson’s Innovative QR Code Campaign For Florida’s Real Estate
How to use QR codes for your success:
- The Psychology of QR Codes series: Part 1 | Part 2 | Final Part
- Four Ways to Maximize Your QR Code Campaigns
- Real World Examples of QR Code Fails
- Make Yourself Famous With QR Codes
- Making Corporate Giveaways Work Harder
- Making QR Codes Campaigns Work: Creating an Optimized Mobile Site
- Interesting Ways To Make Use of QR Codes
How to choose a QR code Generator:
More articles in this topic
When it comes to the environment, we all have to pitch in. While it is best to minimize the amount of waste we produce, there is still garbage that we have to take care of. One of the best ways to dispose garbage is to segregate it. You can always sell recyclable materials such as […]Read more
Parents of kids with autism have many fears. One of them is losing their kids as they wander off to some place they are not familiar with. QR codes have been helping parents with autistic kids. It is a fact that most kids with autism will wander and get lost with their parents. It happened […]Read more
QR codes in restaurants are certainly nothing new. We have seen QR codes on business licenses and sanitation permits for the restaurant to be able to operate. You see them on menus either telling customers how their food was prepared, offering specials of the day and even a video of the chef cooking the dish […]Read more
- QR Codes Used for Public Service: Two Recent Examples
- Video: Buying Someone A Beer At The Bar With A QR Code
- Learning How To Use a QR Code Properly
- QR Codes Allow Health Workers Access Vaccination Records
- U.S. Army: The Newest QR Code Users
- Paying With Your Mobile Phone Possible
- QR Code Thunders Through Thailand
- Scan A Mag Before Hopping On Rail System
- Not A Grummy Way To Promote New Music
- QR Code On Your Website, Marketing Collateral
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.