BeQRious has made an informal survey of 138 marketers over the past two months.
What follows below are what we have found and what we think about it. Please do tell us what you think and if you are interested in participating in another informat survey some 6 months from now.
More than 5 out of 10 people have seen or know about a QR code. Close to 3 out of 10 have scanned one.
We are optimistic that this will increase as more brands and companies take up QR codes for their marketing. Not only that, more and more people are spreading the news about QR codes and what to do with them. Indeed, we are seeing a lot of mainsteam news outlets talk about QR codes and how to scan them. That combined with word of mouth advertising, would help educate as many people as to what QR codes are and how to scan them.
Also smartphones are getting to be very popular in the country, with more and more people buying a smartphone to replace their old phones. And because QR code readers are now available pre-loaded into smartphones, the scanning behavior would surely increase.
In fact, we’ve found out that there were 13 times as many people scanning QR codes in Decebmer 2010, compared to those in January 2010.
Out of all these, 63% scanned a QR codes using an iPhone, while a quarter used an Android-powered phone. The remaining 12% used a device powered by other operating systems.
We expect this to change in the next two years. For one, our data comes largely from the United States, where the iPhone holds an unprecedented large market share. Another reason is that, we have seen more and more phones and devices use the Android OS, which is backed by Google and free to use. Because of these, BeQRious thinks that while iPhones will still do the majority of QR code scanning, more and more Androids will soon do the same.
BeQRious has seen a lot of brands, retailers, companies, products and other institutions make use of QR codes for their marketing campaigns. So what are you waiting for?
BeQRious also provides tons of information as to what QR codes are, and how to make it work for you. Just follow the links here.
Some things you should know about QR codes:
- Lacoste Does It Right
- Bridging The Divide Between Offline and Online
- Vanity QR Codes: Are They Worth It?
- QR Codes in School Settings
Some recent QR code campaigns:
- Norwegian Bus Company Helps Passengers Find Bus Schedule And Kill Time
- Davidson’s Innovative QR Code Campaign For Florida’s Real Estate
How to use QR codes for your success:
- The Psychology of QR Codes series: Part 1 | Part 2 | Final Part
- Four Ways to Maximize Your QR Code Campaigns
- Real World Examples of QR Code Fails
- Make Yourself Famous With QR Codes
- Making Corporate Giveaways Work Harder
- Making QR Codes Campaigns Work: Creating an Optimized Mobile Site
- Interesting Ways To Make Use of QR Codes
How to choose a QR code Generator:
More articles in this topic
In Ottawa, Canada, passengers are now seeing QR codes on their tickets. The QR codes are printed on every transfer so that passengers can just scan the QR codes themselves when they board the bus rather than show it to the driver. This would certainly help in making boarding faster and gives the driver less […]Read more
Mobile apps make your smartphone work harder. If you cannot find a feature or functionality on your smartphone, you can search for an app that does what you want and that’s about it. No matter how good your operating system is, you will never be on top of the smartphone game without a good set […]Read more
Mobile wallets are really gaining traction with more and more users over the past few years. And why not as more and more providers are giving more options for people who want to use mobile wallets. Then there is also the support of big companies, from Google and Apple, to telecommunication firms, and right to […]Read more
- QR Codes Used for Public Service: Two Recent Examples
- WeChat Uses QR Codes to Bring Forward Social Media Platform
- OOS Creates QR Coded EcoTour of Medford/Somerville Campus
- Aussie Bookstore Uses QR Codes to Accommodate Mobile Buyers
- A Little Drama Won’t Hurt The QR Code Campaign
- Is There a Doctor in the House? How About Your Phone?
- QR Code Contest Promoting Barca To Fans
- Super 8: How the App Helped the Film
- Vanity QR Codes: Are They Worth It?
- QRious About The Art Cars
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.