BeQRious has made an informal survey of 138 marketers over the past two months.
What follows below are what we have found and what we think about it. Please do tell us what you think and if you are interested in participating in another informat survey some 6 months from now.
More than 5 out of 10 people have seen or know about a QR code. Close to 3 out of 10 have scanned one.
We are optimistic that this will increase as more brands and companies take up QR codes for their marketing. Not only that, more and more people are spreading the news about QR codes and what to do with them. Indeed, we are seeing a lot of mainsteam news outlets talk about QR codes and how to scan them. That combined with word of mouth advertising, would help educate as many people as to what QR codes are and how to scan them.
Also smartphones are getting to be very popular in the country, with more and more people buying a smartphone to replace their old phones. And because QR code readers are now available pre-loaded into smartphones, the scanning behavior would surely increase.
In fact, we’ve found out that there were 13 times as many people scanning QR codes in Decebmer 2010, compared to those in January 2010.
Out of all these, 63% scanned a QR codes using an iPhone, while a quarter used an Android-powered phone. The remaining 12% used a device powered by other operating systems.
We expect this to change in the next two years. For one, our data comes largely from the United States, where the iPhone holds an unprecedented large market share. Another reason is that, we have seen more and more phones and devices use the Android OS, which is backed by Google and free to use. Because of these, BeQRious thinks that while iPhones will still do the majority of QR code scanning, more and more Androids will soon do the same.
BeQRious has seen a lot of brands, retailers, companies, products and other institutions make use of QR codes for their marketing campaigns. So what are you waiting for?
BeQRious also provides tons of information as to what QR codes are, and how to make it work for you. Just follow the links here.
Some things you should know about QR codes:
- Lacoste Does It Right
- Bridging The Divide Between Offline and Online
- Vanity QR Codes: Are They Worth It?
- QR Codes in School Settings
Some recent QR code campaigns:
- Norwegian Bus Company Helps Passengers Find Bus Schedule And Kill Time
- Davidson’s Innovative QR Code Campaign For Florida’s Real Estate
How to use QR codes for your success:
- The Psychology of QR Codes series: Part 1 | Part 2 | Final Part
- Four Ways to Maximize Your QR Code Campaigns
- Real World Examples of QR Code Fails
- Make Yourself Famous With QR Codes
- Making Corporate Giveaways Work Harder
- Making QR Codes Campaigns Work: Creating an Optimized Mobile Site
- Interesting Ways To Make Use of QR Codes
How to choose a QR code Generator:
More articles in this topic
How old do you have to be in order to use and create QR codes? Well apparently, there is no age limit. Kids who know how to operate a smartphone and a computer can certainly create a QR code. This is what the first graders at the LaRue Miller Elementary School showed us when they [...]Read more
Purite has recently put up QR codes on the packaging of their pre-treatment and deionizer replacement cartridges. These QR codes resolve to a video that shows customers how to replace the cartridges properly. Purite is a company that provides water purification systems to their customers. They use the latest technologies in making their products, so [...]Read more
By now, most people in developing and developed countries are using a smartphone. Considering the fact that the cost of smartphone these days have dropped to an all-time affordable level, there is really very few reasons NOT to own a smartphone. Anyway, how has this affected the world when it comes to QR Code usage? [...]Read more
- Inky Linky Makes Links on a Printed Web Page Come Alive
- Heart of Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce Teaches Businesses How to Use QR Codes
- QR Codes Give You Easy Access to Retirement Information
- Couple Uses QR Code-based Fundraising Campaign for Cancer Research
- Yet Another QR Code Meets Art Story
- QR Codes: London Update
- QR Code Wristbands: A New Way to Exchange Information
- QR Code Readers
- The Where And Why Of QR Code Software
- Ready-to-use QR Code PHP
Google Android news and discussion.
Deliver latest top technology stories and breaking IT news
Near Field Communication (NFC) news, ideas, projects and technologies.
QR Code, Datamatrix and other two dimensional barcode news and analysis.
Tips, advices, how-to's and DIYs for the latest technologies.